Classic Leather warrants to the original purchaser that our seating products will be free from defects in workmanship for a period of ten years. The specific areas covered include: Frame Construction, Spring Units, and Tailoring. Other items covered under the Classic Leather warranty include:
- Cushioning Components – will be covered for a period of three years.
- Swivel Bases, Mechanisms and Recliner Units – will be covered for a period of five years.
- Motorized Mechanisms – will be covered for a period of one year.
- Casters – will be covered for a period of three years.
Exceptions to this warranty include:
- The durability or color-fastness of any leather (Natural or Protected), fabric or COM material used on our product.
- Finish failure which occurs due to the application of after-market products or inadequate cleaning or maintenance.
- Any damage resulting from abuse.
- Carrier or transit damage
Classic Leather does not endorse, nor do we recommend the use of any after-market products for cleaning or conditioning the leathers applied to our frames.
Claims regarding the performance of leather covers will be reviewed with the leather suppliers.
All warranty claims and inspections must be coordinated and approved by the manufacturer prior to any repair work authorization. Classic Leather is not responsible for any pick up and delivery charges for local repairs or inspections under this warranty.
Classic Leather reserves the right to repair or replace any part that is determined to be defective within the terms of the warranty period.
Classic Leather has established a strong tradition of manufacturing the finest leather upholstery furniture made in America. It is our commitment to these principles that guides us in our efforts to address all warranty concerns in a timely manner and determine a fair and equitable resolution.